Campaign Fast Facts
- The financial goal of the campaign is $8 million: $4 million to retire the loan for the South Building restoration, $4 million to endow academic scholarship and tuition assistance, faculty professional development, and future capital needs such as a turf field.
- The interest paid on a $4 million loan is $240,000 annually, or the cost of 15 tuitions.
- The South Building restoration was a critical project that was addressed immediately to ensure the safety of students, faculty, and staff. The restoration was completed on time and on budget.
- Currently, over $1.1 million in merit and need-based tuition assistance is distributed annually. Building endowment in this area will enable this support to grow as we continue to enroll highly talented students.
- Endowed support for professional development will continue to inspire our dedicated faculty and engage students through innovative curriculum.
- Building endowment for necessary future capital improvements will guarantee a beautiful and safe campus for years to come.
- One facility improvement is replacing the grass field currently used by sports teams, and all students for school-wide events such as Field Day. Rather than only addressing the drainage issue of the existing field at a cost of $850,000, an upgrade to a state-of-the-art turf field at a cost of $1.5 million will improve playing conditions and expand opportunities for student participation.
- An upgrade of field facilities will allow us to expand our athletic programs to include intramural sports and additional modified teams.
- Research indicates that fewer severe injuries occur on a turf surface.
- The cost of on-going maintenance of a turf field is significantly less than a grass field.
“Love Ursuline! Your teachers will be your friends and your friends will be your teachers.”
-Advice from an 8th Grader to a group of 6th Graders